- Peel , slice & dice both the onion and the apple. Make sure the apple is diced into small cubes.
- Add the garlic to the onion.
- Melt the oil & Butter in a saucepan , then add the onions , garlic & Apples. Cook on a low heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the curry powder and fully coat all of the onions and apples. Leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and chicken stock to the 300 ml of boiling water and mix well with a fork.
- Add your flour to the onions & apples and make a thick paste.
- Slowly start adding your 300 ml of sweet chicken stock to the pan , mixing continuously until it is all in.
- Add the Tomato Paste and mix.
- Let the sauce thicken for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the sauce through a colander to remove all of the fruit , when you have your smooth sauce re-add a small amount of the fruit left over in the colander .
To Double this recipe :
- Double all of the quantities except the Curry Powder ,Tomato Paste , fruit & sugar
- Do not add any extra sugar for this.
- Add 8 - 10 teaspoons of Flour.
- Add 1 extra teaspoon of curry powder each time you double up....
- Tomato paste should be added to make the right colour ....
' If the sauce is a bit thin just add some cornflour mixed with water until the consistency is correct .... '