Sweet & Sticky Crispy Beef
- 180 g of sliced beef (Any steak will do)
- 1 tbs grated Ginger (Ginger paste)
- 1 tbs grated Onion (Onion paste)
- 1 tsp grated Garlic
- 2 tbs light Soy Sauce
- 150 ml clear Honey
- 50 ml light Soy Sauce
- 75 ml Water
- 15 ml Hoisin Sauce
- 10 ml Rice vinigar
- 15 ml White wine (Dry)
2 tbs Corn Flour mixed with 45 ml of water.
To Cook the Beef :
- 250 ml Of Light Oil
- 1 tsp of Chinese five Spice
- 4 tbs Corn Flour
' Chinese Sweet & Sticky crispy Beef, a favourite choice of many of my friends. So I have decided to make my own.
Sweet Stick Crispy Beef , a traditional Chinese takeaway beef dish drenched in delicious sweet sticky Hoisin sauce , this beef is a little bit chewy and a little bit crispy.
- Slice up your steak into 1 cm strips, this can be a bit tricky and time consuming but it is important to get this right.
- Make up the marinade by combining the crushed Ginger, onion, Garlic & Soy Sauce.
- Get the sliced steak in the marinade and mix well with your hands.
- Let this rest for about an hour in the fridge.
- While your steak in marinating get the Sticky sauce together by combining the ingredients inn to a pan (any order you like) then make up the corn flour mix.
- Heat the pan until the sauce is boiling then add the corn flour slurry so that the sauce thickens up. stir it with a fork.
- Heat 250 ml of light oil in a wok or deep frying pan, get the oil hot enough so that the beef starts to cook as soon as it touches the pan.
- Make up the cornflour and Five Spice in a bowl so that you can coat your beef strips in it.
- Get the beef strips into the cornflour mix and get all of the beef completely coated in it.
- When your oil is hot, start dropping the coated beef into the wok a few at a time, keep seperating them as they cook. Cook them for around 5 minutes then remove them onto some kitchen towel.
- Let the beef rest for a few minutes then get it back in that hot oil for a further minute, this is when it will go crispy.
- You can add this beef to the hot sauce if you like, or you can drizzle the sauce over the beef. Personaly I like to clean out the Wok and get the cooked beef back in and add as much sauce to it as I fancy.
Serve this dish with Egg fried rice or Noodles are good , You decide....