''This is the perfect Corned Beef Hash Stew, made to warm you on a cold winter night. Packed with tender vegetables and corned beef. This stew has a little kick from the black pepper and a rich beef liquor for you to dunk your bread in. A perfect winter stew or a summer campfire stew.''
- Bring 1.5 liters of water to the boil in a cast iron caserole dish.
- While the water is heating up, peel and rough chop your veg , including the potatoes.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt into the water.
- Add the chopped up veg to the pot and reduce the heat to a slow , rolling boil. Boil the vegetables for 20 minutes so that they are just starting to cook.
- In a seperate bowl mix together 5 beef stock cubes and 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- Make a cornflour slurry from 2 tbs of cournflour and 45 ml of cold water.
- Dice your corned beef up into rough cubes and set aside in the fridge.
- When the vegetables are cooked mix in the beef stock & Pepper mix with a whisk. Continue to boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the corned beef to the pot.
- Finally you can thicken the stock with the cornflour. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
You can keep this warm in a slow cooker for 24 hrs or refrigerate and use within 3 days.