Corned Beef Pie
- 340 g Tin of Corned Beef
- 700 g Peeled Potatoes
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- 20 g Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 400 g Plain Flour
- 170 g Butter
- 100 ml Water
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- Peel the potatoes and bring to the boil in a pan of salted water, do the same for the carrots - peel and dice them then simmer for 20 minutes until just cooked.
- When the potatoes are cooked (Soft) remove them from the heat and drain them.
- Remove the carrots and drain.
- Add 20 g of salted butter to the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher.
- When the potatoes are mashed season them with the black pepper.
- Open the tin of corned beef and chop it up into chunks. Add these chunks of corned beef to the potatoes and continue to mash them into the spuds.
- Add the carrots to the mix and combine well with a wooden spoon.
For the Pastry :
- Combine the Flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add the cubed butter and combine with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and mix together with a fork until it starts to come together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball of pastry.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling.
Line the bottom of a pie dish with the pastry , then add the filling. Top with a pastry lid, egg wash and bake 200 c for 25 minutes.