- 1 340 g Tin of Corn Beef
- 2 Brown Onions
- 5 - 7 Potatoes ( 1000 g , 1 kg )
- 50 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml Dijon mustard (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 50 ml Brown Sauce
Corn Beef Hash is packed full of flavour and a great source of carbs and protein , this makes it an ideal dish for students who might be on a tight budget.
Just because you don't have a lot of cash doesn't mean you cant eat well.
Tuck in and enjoy my Rustic Corn Beef Hash.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into rough pieces , then boil them in a pan of salted water for about 15 minutes or until they are just cooked.
- Chop and rough dice 2 brown onions.
- Heat 50 ml of olive oil in a cast iron cooking pot.
- Fry off the onions until they are just starting to go brown.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them off and add them to the onions .
- Smash the potatoes up with a potato masher so that they are rustic and in random small chunks.
- Mix together with the onions then continue to cook for about 20 minutes so that when you mix them up the have started to brown and are slightly crispy.
- While the potatoes and onions are cooking you should prepare and season the corn beef.
- Cut the corn beef into medium chunks, then put it into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the Brown sauce, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce & Pepper in a jug.
- Add the jug of ingredients to the corn beef and mix together well.
- Put the Corn Beef into the pot with the potatoes and onions, mix together well.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes then transfer to an oven dish.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 170 - 180 c for about 20 minutes or until the top has started to go brown and crispy.
This dish is Cheap & Easy to make so it serves well as a student recipe , Most students could manage to cook this corn beef hash. Also a great family dish that you can just plonk on the table and all tuck in .....