- Add the Flour , Salt and Dry Yeast into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a fork , mix the dry ingredients together.
- Make a Well in the Centre of the Flour and add the Oil and the Water.
- Continue mixing with a fork until the water has been absorbed.
- Turn the bowl out onto a floured surface, then knead the dough until it is soft and smooth. This should take around 10 - 15 minutes.
- Put the ball of dough into a lightly oiled bowl , cover with a cloth and leave to prove in a warm area for 1 -2 hours, until the dough has doubled in size.
- When the dough has proven turn it out onto a floured surface and knock it back.
- Form the dough into a round ball shape then place the dough onto a sheet of greased baking parchment on an oven try.
- Cover the dough and leave to prove for another hour in a warm place.
- Once the bread has risen and the cross has split the centre of the bread dough you can cook it in the oven at 200 c for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut a cross through the centre of the dough about 2.5 - 5 cm deep (Inch and a half)
- You can dust the top with flour if you like before baking.
You want the bread to be golden brown and sound light and hollow when you tap the bottom... '
Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing..... '