Chinese Takeaway Curry Sauce
You are going to need :
- 30 g of Butter
- 30 g of Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Yogurt
- 400 ml chicken stock (Made with 1 chicken stock cube)
- 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Oyster sauce
- 1 Brown onion (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 2 teaspoons of hot curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger Paste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice
- 1 Star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground cumin
Takeaway Chinese Curry Sauce recpe , easy to
- Cook the Onion , Garlic and Chilli flakes in the melted butter until soft.
- In a jug make up 400 ml of Chicken stock using 1 Chicken Stock Cube.
- Add the Soy sauce & Oyster sauce to the stock and mix well.
- In a small bowl , mix together the Flour , Curry Powder , Five Spice & Cumin.
- When the onions are soft add the flour and spice's to the pan and mix together with a fork to form a roux.
- Add the Chicken stock and the Star Anise to the pan , then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes so that the sauce can thicken and all of the flavour has a chance to develop.
- Remove the Star Anise before using the sauce.