Chinese Chicken Curry
- 400 g Diced Chicken Breast
- 100 g Fresh peas
- 30 g of Butter
- 30 g of Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Yogurt
- 400 ml chicken stock (Made with 2 chicken stock cube)
- 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Oyster sauce
- 1 Brown onion (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 2 teaspoons of hot curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger Paste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice
- 1 Star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground cumin
- Cook the Onion , Garlic and Chilli flakes in the melted butter until soft.
- In a jug make up 400 ml of Chicken stock using 2 Chicken Stock Cube.
- Add the Soy sauce & Oyster sauce to the stock and mix well.
- In a small bowl , mix together the Flour , Curry Powder , Five Spice & Cumin.
- When the onions are soft add the flour and spice's to the pan and mix together with a fork to form a roux.
- Add the Chicken stock and the Star Anise to the pan , then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes so that the sauce can thicken and all of the flavour has a chance to develop.
- Dice up the two chicken breasts
- Fry off the chicken in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the peas to the pan
- Cover and cook for 10 - 15 minutes , or until the chicken is cooked and juicy.
- Remove the lid and add the curry sauce.
- Mix together and cook for a further 20 minutes , or until the chicken is cooked through.
' Remember to remove the Star Anise before adding the sauce to the chicken & Peas... Serve with rice or Chips '