Chilli & Cheese Burrito
- 400 g of Mince Meat
- 100 g of Plain Rice
- 8 Tortilla Wraps
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 tsp Lazy Garlic
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Sweet Corn
- 1 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsp smoked Paprika
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Veg Bouillon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 50 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 50 g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 25 - 50 g Tomato Puree (Paste)
- Flour / Olive oil / 25 g Butter
' The Burrito is a type of Mexican and Tex-Mex food , they can be filled with many types of meat. This Burrito is packed full of BBQ Chilli and Rice , coated with delicious Cheese. '
- Peel and dice up the red onions , mix together with the garlic and a generous splash of olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a large pan or a cast iron cooking dish and add the onions & Garlic as well as the sweetcorn. Mix together and leave this to cook for about 10 minutes , until the onions are soft.
- While the onions are cooking , mix together the Beef stock cube , Paprika , Chilli powder , Chilli flakes and BBQ sauce with a little hot water to make a paste.
- Add a teaspoon of flour to the onions and corn and stir it in.
- Empty the tin of chopped tomatoes to the pan and mix well.
- When the mixture is hot you can mix in the Tomato puree & Spice paste that you made up earlier.
- Combine the Minced Beef to the pan and allow to cook for about 20 - 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
' While the Chilli mix is cooking , grate up your Parmesan & Cheddar cheese... '
- Make up 1 pint of vegetable stock using the veg bouillon and bring to the boil in a pan. Cook your rice in this boiling stock until tender.
- When the rice is cooked , run under cold water to stop it cooking , the drain and dry it out.
' When the chilli is cooked , ladle half of it into a fine sieve over a plastic bowl , then with the back of the ladle squash the chilli around the sieve to remove most of the fluid.
Filling the Burritos :
- Pack each Tortilla with a generous amount of Chilli , leaving about an inch free around the whole diameter.
- Spoon the cooked rice on top of the Chilli , Then the cheddar cheese. (Don't over fill them )
- Fold in the left and right sides , then loosely roll and fold them into rectangular parcels.
- Place the Burritos on a lightly greased baking tray , cover them with some Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Bake in a preheated oven @180 c for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the Burrito is cooked and slightly browned.
' Serve these straight from the oven with some mild salsa .... Delicious '