- 350 g Minced Chicken
- 50 g Butter
- 125 ml of Milk
- 25 g Flour
- 50 g grated Cheese
- 75 g Diced Ham
- Golden Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
' Technically a Chicken Kiev is filled with Garlic butter and these are more Chicken Cordon bleu as they are filled with Cheese & Ham. But who cares what you want to call them, this homemade Chicken Kiev tastesdelicious.... '
- You are going to need about 150 - 175 g of Minced Chicken per Kiev.
- Dice up the chicken breasts.
- Set up your Meat mincer as per manufacturers instructions.
- Grind up all of the Chicken.
- Its a good idea to run a slice of bread through the grinder in order to get the last of the chicken out.
- To make the filling , melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the flour to make a roux.
- Tip in the Milk and mix until it starts to thicken.
- Add the Cheese and Ham.
- Remove the filling from the heat and allow to cool. Decant the filling and put it in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight)
- Put the Breadcrumbs into a container then scoop out 1 tablespoon of the cold filling and set aside.
- Taking about 150 g of the minced chicken flatten the meat out into your hand.
- Put the filling ball into the centre of the pate and form the chicken around the filling so that it is inside the chicken meat.
- Put the Kiev into the breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly.
- Dip the Kiev into a pan of warm cooking oil so that it is coated in oil.
- Put the Kiev onto a baking tray then bake in a preheated oven @180 c for 25 - 35 minutes (From Defrosted)
- If the Kiev's have been frozen then add an extra 15 minutes to the cooking time.
The Kiev's should be completely cooked so that the filling oozes out when cut and the meat is piping hot ....