Greek Chicken Gyros
- 1 tbs Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbs Dry Dill
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 75 ml of Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 tbs (15 ml) Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
Slice and dice 2 large chicken breasts or 400 g of raw chicken completely coat in the marinade, leave for 1 hour.
- To make the marinade you are going to need to put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice and mix it into a thin paste.
- Add the diced up chicken and mix it well into the paste.
- Leave the chicken to sit in the marinade for a minimum of an hour , you can leave it overnight if you like, it will have a much better flavour then.
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil to a frying pan and heat up.
- Place the chicken pieces one by one into the pan so that they start to cook on contact. Tip in the remaining marinade as well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes turning the chicken a few times to get an even cook.
- When the Chicken is nice and brown and fully cooked tip it into an oven proof dish and place it in a medium oven to keep warm while you make up your Greek Salad.
This Greek Chicken dishis best served in a pita bread with salad and Tzatziki Sauce.