- 1tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 25 ml Oil
- 25 ml White Wine
- 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
The Main dish
- 300 g of Mushrooms
- 1 Chicken Breast (Sliced)
- 1/2 carrot (Sliced)
- 1/2 Spring Onion (Sliced)
- 1/2 Brown Onion (Sliced)
- pinch of Salt
- 2 tsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 20 ml of White Wine
- 80 - 100 ml of Water
- Pinch of Pepper
- 15 - 20 ml Cornflour & Water Mix
- 300 ml of Oil for Cooking
- Slice the chicken breast into thin slices ready to marinade.
- Put the chicken slices in a bowl and add the marinade ingredients starting with the dry ingredients then finally the oil and wine.
- Mix together so that all of the chicken is well coated. Rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice your 300 g of mushrooms either into half's or quarters
- Thinly slice your carrot , spring onion & brown onion and set aside.
- Heat up the 300 ml of oil in a wok to 100 c , then fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes so that the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the marinated chicken in the same oil (Make sure you add all of the chicken & marinade to the oil)
- Remove the chicken when it is cooked (About 5 minutes)
- Set the mushrooms and chicken aside in separate bowls.
- Tip the oil from the wok then return it to the heat.
- Fry off the onions and carrots for a few minutes until slightly soft.
- Add the mushrooms then the Chicken to the wok and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the Dark Soy sauce, the white wine and water.
- The sauce should thicken as you stir fry it.
- If the sauce needs thickening add 15 - 20 ml of Cornflour & Water Mix
- Season with a pinch of black pepper and Salt to taste.
If you want a thinner sauce use more water ( 150 ml )
Cook the dish for about 5 minutes so that it is piping hot and all the veg is just cooked..... Serve with Fried Rice..