This iconic Welsh broth is a typical example of traditional Welsh food. It is traditionally made with the left over vegetables and diced lamb. Cawl , always tastes better the next day and is a filling meal. This is probably why it became a traditional Welsh dish. It feeds many and a small amount is going to fill you.
Ideal for a large family of limited means. In Wales most of the population were either poor or farmers with large families.
- 400 g Diced Lamb
- 260 g Diced Potatoes
- 200 g Sliced Leeks
- 200 g Diced Parsnips
- 200 g Sliced Carrots
- 250 g Diced Swed
- 700 ml Lamb Stock
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Peel and Dice all of the vegetables
- Make up 700 ml of Lamb Stock
- Set your Slow Cooker to low
- Add all of the vegetables to the cooker
- Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon ofpepper
- Add the diced Lamb and mix together.
- Mix in the Vegetable stock , cover and cook for 17 - 20 hours.
' Serve with fresh crusty bread ... '