Carrot & Coriander Soup
- 450 g Carrots
- 30 g Fresh Coriander
- 1 Brown onion
- 1.2 Lt / 2 pints of Veg Stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Parmesan cheese to serve
' Carrot & Coriander soup is traditionally a little bit spicy , and can be made as a thick soup or a broth. It is a classic french soup and was a favourite of King Edward the vii . He reportedly ate this soup every 26th August to commemorate the 1346 battle of Crcey , as to the validity of this information I can not be sure. In my Carrot and coriander Soup Recipe the soup is a thick one that is processed to a puree and then thickened with single cream. '
- Peel & slice your carrots
- Peel & dice your onion
- Chop up your coriander.
- In a large pan add the olive oil or vegetable oil , fry off the onion and carrots for about 5 minutes
- While onions and carrots are steaming , make up 2 pints of veg stock with 1 tablespoon of veg bouillon or stock cube.
- Add the coriander to the pan and cover. let cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the salt & pepper to the pan and mix in
- When mixed in , add your veg stock.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, until the carrots are just soft.
- After 30 minutes , remove from the heat and ladle the contents of the pan into a food processor. Blend the mixture into a puree, then add the puree to a fresh saucepan and re-heat for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the fresh coriander, and serve.
' Serve with crusty bread and grated parmesan cheese ..... '