- 3 Balls of Tagliatelle
- 25 gr Butter
- 1 Onion
- 10-12 Button Mushrooms
- 3 Slices of Ham
- 1 clove of Garlic or 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 1tsp English Mustard
- 50 ml White Wine
- 100 - 150 ml Single cream
- 8 - 10 Chives
- Olive oil
' Leave the mushrooms in or take 'em out - If it was up to me I would leave 'em in (Love mushrooms in Carbonara) . This dish is quick and easy to cook and has a full rich flavour. You can use spaghetti for this , but I prefer tagliatelle as it gives it more body.
As far as the pasta is concerned , yes you can buy pretty much any variety in the shop. But if you are feeling more adventurous then why not make your own ? It is pretty simple to do and the end product is always going to taste better. all you need is a pasta machine '
- Boil the Tagliatelle in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes until soft / cooked. Then drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- Dice the onion and mix with garlic and oil / set aside
- Slice the mushrooms and set aside
- Roll and slice the ham / set aside
- Finely chop the chives / set aside
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the Onion/Garlic & oil mix - cook for 2 min
- Add the white wine and flambe
- Add the mushrooms to the pan / cook for 2 mins
- Add the mustard and mix in
- Add the ham into the pan
- Then pour in the single cream and mix together / Cook for 5 Mins
' Serve on a plate or in a bowl with some garlic bread , use the chives to finish off the dish .... '