- 500 g Minced Beef
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic or 2 crushed cloves
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
The British summer season is probably one of the shortest seasons in the calendar , so we need to make the most of it. Us Brit's love a good BBQ so we need a great burger recipe to cook on it.
There are many burger recipe's to choose from and there are many ready made burgers out there , but this burger recipe has been in my repertoire for many years , and I have cooked this burger in lots of establishments , and it always go's down well . I add Dijon mustard to this mix but you can add any mustard you like. Experiment a bit with it , use French , English or Wholegrain mustard instead.
- Fine dice the red onion or process in a food processor with the garlic
- In a mixing bowl , mash up the minced beef with your hands.
- Add the processed onions & garlic and mix together with a fork or hands.
- Add the Dijon mustard to the meat and mix well with a fork.
- Divide the mixture up into 8 equal sized balls, then flatten into burger shapes on a floured board.
- Refrigerate the burgers for about an hour , until cold and set.
- Cook the burgers off in a griddle pan or on a BBQ for about 4 minutes each side , or until full y cooked and browned.
' Serve in a toasted bun with coleslaw and a cheese slice. Accompanied with potato salad for a perfect BBQ... '