Broccoli & Stilton Soup
- 30 ml of Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Chopped Stick of Celery
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Chopped Spring Onions
- 25 g of Salted Butter
- 1.2 litres of Vegetable Stock (Made with 1 Tbsp of Veg Bouillon )
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 140 g Stilton Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ofPepper to Season
50 ml of single cream (Optional)
' If you are looking for a soup that is packed full of flavour then this traditional Broccoli and Stilton soup is for you. '
I love soup for its versatility and that familiar feeling it gives you on a cold winters evening. Soup is also a great way to use up leftovers....
- Heat the oil in a large pot on a stove, then add the onion and spring onion. Cook on low for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the Celery and the Butter, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make up 1.2 litres of vegetable stock using either two veg stock cubes or 1 tablespoon of vegetable bouillon.
- Cut up the Broccoli so that the stalk is chopped into chunks and the head into rough florets.
- Remove the lid from the pot then add the Vegetable Stock and the Broccoli Stalk. Mix the pot up with a wooden spoon then cover and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes so that the veg is soft.
- Add the rest of the Broccoli then continue cooking for 5 -10 minutes.
- When the broccoli is cooked crumble in the Stilton Cheese and simmer until the cheese has melted.
- Season with Black Pepper
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool down for 20 minutes.
- Remove the stalk from the soup , then put the soup into a food processor.
- Process the soup so that the soup is smooth.
- If you are using the cream add it now to the food processor.