- 75 g Salted Butter
- 1 Brown Onion
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 300 g Sliced (Cooked ) Beef
- 200 ml Single Cream
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Beef Stock cube
- 1 Shot (25 ml) Brandy
- Make up 100 ml of beef stock using the stock cube and 100 ml of boiling water.
- Dice up the brown onion and cut the cooked beef into strips , then cut the button mushrooms into halfs.
- Add 35 g of the butter into a deep frying pan and slowly melt it then add the onions and let them cook slowly for about two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes so that they are just soft. Remember that the mushrooms will half in volume as they cook.
- Turn the heat up so that the pan becomes very hot, then add the Brandy and Flambe it until the flames die off.
- Turn the heat down then add the Wholegrain Mustard, Paprika & Tomato paste. Mix this all in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the Beef Stock and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef strips to the pan and mix into the sauce with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the pan with a lid or a large plate and let it simmer for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add around 200 ml of single cream to finish, mix this in with a wooden spoon so that the sauce lightens in colour and the Stroganoff is finished.
- Leave to cook for another 10 minutes before serving.