Beef Sloppy Joe Sandwich
- 400 g Minced Beef
- Olive Oil
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Chilli Powder
- 350 ml Ketchup
- 100 ml Water
- 1/2 Tablespoon English Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soft Brown Sugar
- 4 Seeded Burger Buns
The Sloppy Joe is an American recipe from the early 20th century. It is made up of ripped or ground meat , beef , pork or chicken.
Other ingredients are Onions , carrots , Ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
You can also add Bro wn sugar and Vinegar.
The origins of the Sloppy Joe are not clear , but is thought to have been developed during the depression as a way of making meat stretch further
The Americans certainly know a thing or two about fast food , and this recipe is no exception.
- Add a splash of Olive Oil to a deep frying pan , then fry off the diced onion and Garlic for a few minutes, until soft.
- Next you can add the Minced Beef to the pan and chop it into the onions for a few minutes until well combined. Cook until the meat is brown.
- In a separate bowl , mix together the Ketchup , Water , Vinegar , Chilli Powder , Mustard & Brown Sugar. Mix together with a fork.
- When the meat is fully cooked , add the sauce to the pan and mix together.
- Continue cooking for 15 - 20 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- The Longer you let this simmer the thicker the sauce will be.