Beef in Red Wine is one of the most tasty beef dishes you will ever eat.....
'Tender beef stewed in a red wine beef stock for 2 to 3 hours. After adding some vegetables and a few mushrooms this dish is fit for a king.
Beef in red wine can be eaten as a simple beef stew with mash or use it as a filling for a tasty Beef Pie '
- 500 g Diced Beef
- 2 Sliced Onions
- 400 ml Red Wine
- 300 ml Strong Beef Stock
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 60 ml of Tomato Puree
- 2 Bay Leafs
Diced Carrots & Sliced Mushrooms can also be added.
- Fry off the onions in the butter in a flame proof oven pot until they are soft.
- Add the beef and cook for 5 minutes until brown.
- Coat the beef with the Flour and mix it up with a wooden spoon.
- Make up 300 ml of stock using 2 beef stock cubes.
- Add the red wine to the pot and mix it up.
- Add the beef stock , mixing it into the beef and wine.
- Add the Tomato Puree and 2 Bay Leafs
- Cover and cook in the oven at 150 c for 1 hour.
- While the beef is cooking prep any veg you want to add to this pot, Carrots , Peas, Mushrooms.
- After 1 hour remove the pot from the oven and add the extra veg and mushrooms.
- Return to the oven for a further hour.
This Beef in Red Wine is a delicious idea for a pie filling or great on its own with some crusty bread and Mash...