BACON & MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 220 g ofBase Risotto
- 2 Rashers Smoked Back Bacon
- 120 g Mixed Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Veg Stock
- 25 g Salted Butter
- Chives & Cheese to serve.
' Many people believe that the Risotto is a dish best left to the professionals..... Rubbish , The only secret to a great Risotto is the quality of the stock you use, so once you have your base risotto made this Bacon & Mushroom risotto recipe is as simple as chips '
When making this risotto , or any other risotto for that matter it is important to get as much flavour as you can into your stock. If you are making your risotto from scratch then when you are adding the stock to the rice , only ever stir it in one direction as this helps get the starch out of the rice and the flavour in.
- Dice up the bacon and chop up the Mushrooms
- In a large frying pan , melt the butter then add the bacon.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft , about 8 minutes.
- When the bacon & mushrooms are cooked remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the ' Base Risotto' and a ladle of stock.
- Mix up the risotto and stock , cook until hot.
- Add the Mushrooms & bacon to the risotto and mix in , Cook until piping hot.
'Serve in a bowl with some chopped chives and cheese ....'