BACON & MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 220 g ofBase Risotto
- 2 Rashers Smoked Back Bacon
- 120 g Mixed Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Veg Stock
- 25 g Salted Butter
- Chives & Cheese to serve.
' Many people believe that the Risotto is a dish best left to the professionals..... Rubbish , The only secret to a great Risotto is the quality of the stock you use, so once you have your base risotto made this Bacon & Mushroom risotto recipe is as simple as chips '
- Dice up the bacon and chop up the Mushrooms
- In a large frying pan , melt the butter then add the bacon.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft , about 8 minutes.
- When the bacon & mushrooms are cooked remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the ' Base Risotto' and a ladle of stock.
- Mix up the risotto and stock , cook until hot.
- Add the Mushrooms & bacon to the risotto and mix in , Cook until piping hot.
'Serve in a bowl with some chopped chives and cheese ....'