Authentic Italian Pasta (No Egg)
- 8 oz Semolina (Durum Wheat)
- 100 ml Water
This pasta has only two ingredients and it tastes fantastic. If you buy any dry pasta in the supermarket it is going to be made this way.
- This is the most authentic pasta you can make. Two ingredients - No egg's.
- Get the Semolina into a large mixing bowl.
You are going to need 50 ml of cold water to every 4 oz of semolina, so if you want to make half this quantity then its 4 oz semolina to 50 ml of water.
- Mix in the water with a fork until combined.
- Then with your hands form the mixture into a ball of pasta dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and start to knead.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 5 - 10 minutes until smooth.
- Allow to rest under a cloth for 30 min before rolling with a pasta machine or a rolling pin.
- Do not refrigerate